What are travelers without a bucket list? This is a running list of things we'd like to accomplish as we travel.
If we don't get to it, that's okay! We're open to exploring past the items below. But it never hurts to have a list of ideas to start with!
our Bucket List
- Work from home in a different country for 3 months.
- Teach English in a different country for 6-12 months.
- Visit all 196 countries before Mrs. Nerd turns 30.
Learn how to scuba dive. Completed Dec 2016 in Jamaica
Visit a cat cafe and love on ALL THE KITTEHS.
Take a cooking class in 10 different countries.
Ride a horse for the first time. Completed May 2017 in Cuba
- Visit a Buddhist monastery.
- Visit the inspirational sets for the Lord of the Rings movies in New Zealand.
- Hike the full length of the Te Araroa trail in New Zealand.
- See a kangaroo in Australia.
- Trek up Machu Picchu in Peru.
- Discuss how chocolate is made with a local.
- Learn to surf in California. Completed May 2015 in California
- Eat gumbo and listen to jazz in New Orleans.
- Take a road trip across the United States.
- Visit the volcanoes in Hawaii.
- Jump into each of the five Great Lakes in the Midwest.
- Hike the full length of the Superior Hiking Trails in northern Minnesota.
- Hike the entirety of the Appalachian Trail.
- Search for diamonds at the Crater of Diamonds State Park in Arkansas.
- Jump into the Devil’s Pool in Zambia.
- Attend a Japanese tea ceremony.
- Try fresh sushi in Japan (and then eat ALL THE SUSHI!).
- Eat bulgogi and kimchi in South Korea.
- Eat delicious street food in Thailand.
- Go swimming in the Bioluminescent Bay in Puerto Rico.
- Lie on a beach somewhere in the Caribbean. Completed Feb 2016 in the Dominican Republic
- Immerse ourselves in Swedish culture (and learn how to speak Swedish fluently).
- Visit the Swedish Lapland and go dog sledding.
- Attend a real Oktoberfest in Germany.
- See the Sistine Chapel in Italy.
- Take a road trip along the coast of Scotland.
- Visit and take pictures of several different castles throughout Scotland.
- Backpack across France.
- Visit countryside England (Cotswolds, Bath, York, Nottinghamshire, and Bristol).
- Participate in the tomato fight in Bunol, Spain.
- Eat Belgium chocolate and frites.
- See the Northern Lights in Iceland.
- Bike around Amsterdam.
- Attend a real Italian opera.